Carl B. Sagan
12 Foster McConaughey, Old Rambo 55555
E-mail: email@example.com Cell: (555) 555-0826
I am an operations savvy financial executive with the skill, drive, leadership and analytical sense required of a key contributor to a company’s ability to generate capital and increase value.
I am seeking a senior level opportunity working as a “business partner” to a visionary, creative and strong willed CEO, where I will be the balance of focus on operational execution and fiscal responsibility, to the CEO’s strategy and creativity.
– PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE –
Jodie Foster Manufacturing, INC., Old Rambo 2007- Present
Manufacturer and Installer of Architectural Doors.
Manage all accounting, financial and tax planning and reporting aspects for $35 million group of Companies including cost accounting, job costing and daily cash management activities. The group manufactures out of a 30,000 square foot facility and runs both union and non union iron worker and glazier crews.
Pulitzer Corp, New York 2005 - 2007
United States distribution arm of multinational manufacturer of the oil and gas drilling and automotive industries.
Brought in to manage the company’s transition from independent ownership to wholly owned subsidiary for this $100 million unit. Established from ground zero all required financial processes including controllership, IT, audit and tax functions, financial planning, creation and monitoring of budgets, cost accounting and plant controlling, and all periodic reporting for US and Germany management.
During my time, I also managed the US arm of a global supply chain initiative to tie a month week sales delivery model into an existing twelve week manufacturing pipeline. The project was based out of Houston, Texas and spanned three continents which tied together three independent ERP systems and numerous offline data bases.
The parent company underwent a global reorganization during 2008 and realigned its business units, moving its largest operations to Old Marcos, Florida. This was not the right opportunity for me to relocate, so I stayed with the New York office to train my replacement, work on the yearend audit and finalize corporate the tax returns.
Dish Can, New York 1998 – Sold business - 2004
President and Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer
USDA Manufacturing plant, 9 retail locations, wholesale and internet operations
Joined the company in 1997 as CFO, became COO in 1999 and President in 1999. I purchased the Dish Can brand after reorganization in 2001. During that timeframe I assumed the lead role in organizational design and infrastructure development, took full P&L and operating responsibility for the business which was grossing $8 million and had 150 employees.
Mark Twain, Inc. 1997-2000
Recruited because of my change management experience to turnaround a family owned (absentee) business through a reorganization period and achieved all goals within 36 months. The objectives were new business development, product repositioning and infrastructure redesign. Those objectives were accomplished by restructuring the core business, eliminating non-performing units and professionalizing the management of the TUMI contract.
– BUSINESS ACCOMPLISHMENTS –
- Established a business plan, which focused the company on brand identity and the quality of its products and presented the management team with the challenge of implementing objective and goal based initiatives. The program resulted in reengineering the entire operations of the organization, repositioning the retail segment and developing a wholesale division within the company.
Accounting / Technology
- Established accounting policies and procedures for startup entities, which ensured that all financial transactions were executed and documented in accordance with GAAP, and in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assured soundness of company’s financial structure and managed company’s relationships with financial institutions and government agencies.
- Managed all treasury functions, cash management, credit, investor relations, income taxes and risk management programs.
- Designed and developed an information system, which generated the necessary reporting to accomplish a decentralization of direct corporate oversight. The resultant restructuring increased information turnaround and decision making capabilities, and netted significant savings through staff reductions.
Manufacturing / Wholesale
- Opened a new million-dollar production facility and designed and implemented controls over the production process, labor costs and inventory management.
- Stabilized variable production costs by developing a unique method to maximize product shelf-life stability, which minimized the impact of surges and rollbacks in demand.
- Established affiliations to grow the manufacturing operations through mergers and joint ventures.
- Started new business unit, developed marketing plan for both branded and private label product lines and established affiliations to vertically expand markets.
- Developed HAACP Plan and USDA program and became a USDA inspected facility.